But as I said, this year, I chose to be at work. I guess because this anniversary fell on a Tuesday, I got caught up in wanting to stand up and say: "Al Qaeda...We're still here. You can't knock us down." So, this year, for me, 9/11 fell on the last day of a three-day trip.
Anyway here, in no particular order, are more Random Thoughts...
- The Democrat-led Congress had scheduled themselves to receive their report from General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker over 9/11. This seemed to me to be an intentional poke at President Bush.
- While at this point it should not come as a surprise to rational person, Move-on.org found a way to plumb new depths.
- The Democrats, and especially the Democrats running for President, cannot find it in themselves to distance themselves from these nutcases.
- Some of the Democrats are nutcases themselves. How they continue to be re-elected is beyond me.
- Despite this, Petraeus and Crocker absolutely slayed the nay-sayers.
- Gerard, in his always-wonderful essays, offers some remembrances and observations. A wonderful picture. Our wounds. And finally, questions whether we remember that we're at war.
Here is the tie tac that I wear every day while I am at work.
(Click to enlarge)