Thursday, September 13, 2007

Some Random Thoughts on September 11, 2007

I am writing this a couple days after the Anniversary. For what I think is the first time, I was working this year on 9/11, and this year it was intentional. As I was bidding for my September schedule for the first couple of years after 9/11, I bid to stay home. Being here with my family just seemed so important. September is a busy month around our house...WifeofAzlib has a birthday this month, and while the kids were generally well into their school routines by September, there always seemed to be extra-curricular things that were just beginning. September is also beginning to be the end of our oppressive heat--meaning that I can begin to catch up on things outside.

But as I said, this year, I chose to be at work. I guess because this anniversary fell on a Tuesday, I got caught up in wanting to stand up and say: "Al Qaeda...We're still here. You can't knock us down." So, this year, for me, 9/11 fell on the last day of a three-day trip.

Anyway here, in no particular order, are more Random Thoughts...
Gerard, I know you won't read this. But I do remember. Every day, I remember. It will be in my bones until the day I die, and after that it will be in the bones of my children. I cannot begin to describe my regret on seeing that the lives of my children are being defined by war, but it is the plain truth.

Here is the tie tac that I wear every day while I am at work.


(Click to enlarge)

No comments: