Monday, September 03, 2007

Monetary advice...

My internet-friend from That-Place-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named has been educating me on macro economics for a number of years now, and making a good case that the Federal Reserve and other Central Banks are caught between a rock and a hard place. He calls Ben Bernanke "Helicopter Ben".

And here I begin to see how all this connects.

The world is on the cusp of a world-wide financial and monetary crisis. I don't know what to do about it, but millions of others are going to be caught totally unawares.

Related: I often wonder if I were an African villager or a guy living paycheck-to-paycheck in Detriot, if I wouldn't have better skills at living with the upheavals that may be about to be on us than a guy of some modest means and an understanding of what is happening around him.

No comments: