Saturday, February 09, 2008

Retiree Rant...

I picked up the paper from the driveway this morning after returning from the gym and was greeted with the headline...
[The bold and enlarged type came with the cut-and-paste. I like it so I'm keeping it. Also note just how happy Inez Larry appears in the accompanying photo.]

I didn't have my glasses with me, so the headline was all that I could read, but the first thing that popped into my mind was...

"WELL, OF COURSE RETIREES LIKE THE 'REBATE'!
IT'S FREE GODDAMN MONEY TO THEM!"

Our retirees, for as much as I respect them for all that Greatest Generation shit they did, are a fucking bunch of whiners. First, they (or their parents) insisted that the government start the greatest Ponzi scheme ever--Social Security--so that they could have a taxpayer-funded retirement. Then came Medicare, so that someone else would pay for their healthcare. Recently the Prescription Drug benefit was added. (Yes. That's just what we fucking need. Another fucking .gov bureau to track a FUCKING BENEFIT that you ought to be paying for YOUR OWN FUCKING SELF!) And now they're happy to get a friggin' "rebate". Un-fucking-believable.

Fair warning: The GOD-DAMNED AARP better not send me anything today. I am not in the mood.

No comments: