Monday, January 22, 2007

The Gym...

Update: I get very few readers to my humble blog, but more than a few of you come in looking for a photo of Havasu Falls. It appears that the photo I hoarked from some .edu site is now unavailable. I invite you to look around a bit, but if you're interested in Havasu photos, you can see plenty in my report on our hike. You can access it here.
[/update]

OK. So, as we're now well into our middle ages, we have to admit that we've managed to put on more than a few pounds. Further, since we have committed to a family hike down to the Havasupai Falls...



...loosing weight has become part of that committment. Therefore a membership at the local gym has been added into our lives.

With that prelude, I was impressed by the sight of a 75-or-so year-old white-haired grandmother on the treadmill next to me this morning. She didn't go fast, or very long (20 minutes or so), but she was there. She left the treadmill for the "hand-bike", and I lost track of her. I hope that we're still in the gym at her age.

No comments: