Saturday, July 02, 2005

Whew...

Has it been two weeks already?

As you can see, I haven't put up much lately, and when I have, there hasn't been much behind it. I have been super-busy in May and June....Went to recurrent and flew nearly a full month in May, and had a giant month in June. I wanted to fly some overtime in late June, but for the first time that I can remember, 100 hours per calendar month became a concern. And, I'm still trying to be a good husband and father, not to mention home-owner, so there's been little time to sit down and ponder about things in the world.

Some items I've been thinking about, but haven't had time to write on...

  • The Supreme Court's atrocious Kelo decision.
  • Sandra Day O'Connor's retirement, her legacy, her replacement, and the politics surrounding all of it.
  • President Bush and how we're doing in Iraq.
  • Iran's new President and what we're going to do about Iran.

Anyway, perhaps I'll get to these. However, it is a holiday weekend, I'm at home with the family, I've got a ton of chores to do, and my youngest turns 16 very soon (Yikes!). Off to breakfast and my chores before it gets too hot.

Update: I found a compelling and deep analysis of the Kelo decision over at hubris. I'm pondering a purchase at Amazon. [A movie, BTW, made quite near where we live.]

No comments: