Thursday, January 03, 2008

Labor Unions and Democrats...

I recently flew with a guy who was going to vote Democratic for the first time ever because he's come to the realization that "we're Labor". I can't (and won't) debate him over this, because as a card-carrying union-member, I am Labor. It's not the first (or second, or third) thing I am, but I can't deny it.

That said, even Democrats are coming to realize that unions aren't always the best thing for the country. The postscript here, makes this point. Following the link to Ygelsia's point, I get this gem...

...sometimes the interests of a given union's members run against the general interests of the country and there's no sense in denying this....


Ergo: I may be a union-member, but I am (in no special order) a libertarian, pro-2A, pro-life, pro-Take-the-Fight-to-the-Islamists, etc, American far before my union interests enter into my decisions.

No comments: