Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This was kinda scary....

....Not in a dangerous way, and I have to admit I am partially bragging on this point.

I went to the IDPA match last night. It turned out to be the night they shoot under USPSA rules, so it was a little different than I am used to.

The scary part was that there were 4 cops there. I felt like that scene in Magnum Force...



These guys shot OK, but not nearly at the level that you'd expect cops to perform at. I suck, and being a fat guy twice their age who shoots better than they did (and who kept my gun running flawlessly the whole night) ought to make these guys think a bit. It sure made me think: Lord, don't ever let these guys pull their guns near me.

2 comments:

Kevin Creighton said...

Heh. About a year ago I stopped by Caswell's for some shooting, and there were a couple MCSO deputies in the next lane. Both of us had our targets out at the 20 foot range or so and sonuvagun, I out-shot 'em both.

Did I smile to myself as I walked out? You betcha! :)

azlibertarian said...

Here is the point that I didn't make clearly enough in my post: These were the cops who are making the effort to practice. I think there is a whole host of others who don't practice. And that is what was really scary.