Saturday, July 22, 2006

But It's a Dry Heat...

While on a trip a couple of days ago, I got a rather frantic call from Mrs. Azlib in the middle of the night. It seems the filter for the spa had a giant hole in it. Water and D.E. was spewing everywhere and the spa had drained completely. I told her how to turn off the pump motor and what to do to keep it from coming on again.

So, yesterday morning was my day to repair said hole. It turned out to be much easier than I had imagined, and about as expensive. That said, it was a bit time consuming.

And it was very hot. The paper this morning said 118°. It hasn't been that hot in a decade. There have been only ten instances when it got that hot since they've been keeping records. Hot. Real Hot.

So, as I look back at yesterday, it's no wonder that I had to wear gloves to handle the tools and I was beginning to get light-headed.

Today--more of the same. Primarily to stay home to care for Mrs. Azlib after her colonoscopy, but also because of the heat, I'm not going to make it to the IDPA match this afternoon.

No comments: