Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Dental Exam...

So, this morning I had my bi-annual dental cleaning and exam. For some, this is a dreaded event, but my teeth aren't terribly sensitive, and as I don't really have any dental problems, I've never thought of this a big deal. None-the-less, it's not exactly a pleasant experience either. Dental picks, sonic cleaners, rubber gloves--What's not to like, right? So, anyway, the dental hygenist I had today was, I'm sure, a very nice woman, but is it any wonder that Hollywood Torturers end up using dental equipment and looking like this?...

However, the torture didn't end there. This nice woman picking and scraping at my teeth did so with her radio set to NPR (via my tax dollars) and the awful cadence of Diane Rehm. I had to endure a discussion of the implications of a conservative winning the race for Prime Minister in Canada (Gasp!).

Oh, the Humanity.

No comments: